Tucked away in southwestern Fairfield County along the scenic shores of Long Island Sound, Darien is a small community known for gorgeous,rambling homes and quiet streets lined with mature oak and maple trees. It is one of the best places to raise a family in the Constitution State.
The town is home to approximately 20,000 residents who have access to quality education, almost a dozen well-maintained parks, and 30 acres of beaches that provide plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation.
Darien CT Real Estate
The town spans a land area of approximately 13 square miles. Lots can encompass anywhere from one-fifth of an acre to two acres. The housing market consists mainly of single-family homes with three to four bedrooms. High ceilings, oversized windows, and hardwood floors are common features.
The largest of these homes can have up to six bedrooms, along with in-ground pools, exquisite gardens, and other one-of-a-kind features. Waterfront properties tend to be the most sought after and you’ll find these homes in idyllic areas like Butlers Island, Pratt Island, Noroton Bay, Tokeneke, and the Long Neck peninsula.
Darien has a wealth of historically and architecturally significant residences. Prevalent architectural styles include Cape Cod, Greek Revival, Gothic Revival, Edwardian, and Italianate, with new construction typically built along traditional lines as well.
Are you looking for homes for sale in Darien, CT? Fairday Realty will be happy to help you find the right home here. Call us at (888) 567-2134or send an email to info(at)fairdayrealty(dotted)com to explore your options in Darien, CT real estate.
Living in Darien
Darien is bordered by New Canaanto north, Norwalkto the east, Long Island Soundto the south, and Stamfordto the west. It is among the most desirable communities in Connecticut’s Gold Coast. It also has a strong nautical tradition
Darien boasts several parks as well as country clubs and yachting and boating clubs, including:
- Tilley Pond Park – The sight of lush trees and a serene pond will put you in a deep state of relaxation in this park.
- Cherry Lawn Park – At 27.5 acres, the park features a nature center, a community garden, a playground, tennis courts, and sports fields.
- Pear Tree Point Beach – One of Darien’s two beaches, the other one being Weed Beach, Pear Tree Point Beach faces the harbor and gives you an excellent view of boats out on the water.
- Weed Beach – This 22-acre park boasts a wide swath of sandy beach and has facilities that include tennis courts, play areas, a bathhouse, and a boat launch for small craft.
- Noroton Yacht Club – One of the country’s most prestigious yacht clubs, NYC was founded in 1928. Located in Darien Harbor, it is known for one-design racing as well as exceptional junior sailing programs.
- Country Club of Darien – This well-appointed country club boasts an 18-hole golf course in addition to Har-Tru tennis courts, paddle courts, a six-lane pool, a gated children’s pool, and a paddle hut.
- Woodway Country Club– Established in 1916, Woodway’s crown jewel is a beautiful 18-hole golf course that’s regularly ranked among the best in the state.
Would you like to learn more about Darien? Get in touch with Fairday Realty today.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.