Fairfield County’s easternmost city, Shelton spans 31.9 square miles and is roughly 68 miles from Manhattan. What used to be a farming and industrial town is now becoming one of the most sought-after places to live in Fairfield County, with a wide selection of homes, great schools, and a vibrant downtown area full of beautifully restored historic buildings.
With a population of more than 39,000, Shelton is usually divided into three sections: Pine Rock Park, White Hills, and Huntington. Residents have access to several well-maintained parks, lakes, a couple of marinas, and a community center. The Housatonic River, which eventually empties out into Long Island Sound, forms its eastern boundary, giving Shelton over 11 miles of riverfront.
Real Estate and Property Types
The housing market consists primarily of single-family homes, apartments, and condos. The majority of single-family residences have three to four bedrooms. Granite counters, stainless steel appliances, stone fireplaces, and hardwood floors are common features.
Luxury homes can have up to five bedrooms, along with professional grade kitchens, studies, walk-up attics, and professionally landscaped yards.
Pine Rock Park, which was named for a now defunct amusement park, is known for ranch-style homes. White Hills, which as its name implies is fairly hilly, is one of the city’s oldest sections and is a mix of rural and suburban. There are still plenty of historic buildings here, though most of the housing stock is made up of homes built post-WWII. Huntington is Shelton’s oldest area – the old town green is here – and features mostly colonials on spacious lots with mature landscaping.
New construction homes can be found in most neighborhoods and apartment buildings and condo buildings are mostly concentrated in the revitalized downtown area.
If you’re looking for Connecticut luxury homes and condos for sale in Fairfield CT, Shelton is one of the best places to start your search.Call us at (888) 567-2134or send an email to info(at)fairdayrealty(dotted)com to get started.
Living in Shelton
Living in Shelton means enjoying more than a thousand acres of open space as well as boating and fishing along the Housatonic and Far Mill rivers and at Hope Lake, Silent Waters, and Pine Lake. It also brings you close to the following attractions:
- Indian Well State Park –Here you’ll find a scenic brook and the waterfall after which the park is named. Have a picnic at a shaded grove and admire the scenery.
- Shelton Square Shopping Center –The shopping center features ample parking and a small but sufficient number of shops for your basic needs. Stores include Super Stop & Shop, Hallmark, Supplement City, and Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- Huntington Plaza Shopping Center –This shopping center brings you banks, diners, bakeries, hardware stores, and more.
- Shelton Community Center –The community center features a public pool, a fitness room, and a basketball court. Come here to swim some laps, get in shape, or play your favorite sport. Other amenities include five craft rooms, a meeting room, and a multipurpose room.
- Shelton Farmers Market –Buy fresh vegetables, meat, eggs, cheese, baked goods, and handmade items at the Shelton Farmers Market, which takes place on Saturdays at the River Walk.
Would you like to learn more about Shelton? Get in touch with us at Fairday Realty anytime.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.