Located in southwestern Fairfield County, just over 30 miles northeast of New York City, Stamford has experienced widespread urban development over the last few decades. With an estimated population of over 130,000, it is one of the largest cities in Connecticut.
Stamford is home to several Fortune 500 and Fortune 1,000 companies and supports some of the state’s most successful businesses, including Vineyard Vines, Charter Communications, and Synchrony Financial.
Beautiful homes, good schools, and an exciting downtown area make Stamford one of the most desirable places to live in the state. It’s also an excellent place to establish and grow a business, with an economy sustained by a young and educated workforce.
Houses for Sale in Stamford CT
Stamford’s housing stock consists mainly of single-family homes and condos. Most single-family homes have three to four bedrooms, with common features such as oversized windows, granite counters, and high-end appliances. Some homes have finished basements than can be converted to additional bedrooms, recreation rooms, or private offices.
Condos typically have two to three bedrooms and many come with hardwood floors, granite counters, and stainless steel appliances.
Luxury homes can have up to six bedrooms. Such homes often come with dramatic features like double height fireplaces, wine fridges, and opulent master suites.
Architectural styles vary, but leans towards the traditional, and you will find plenty of colonials and Cape Cods as well as the occasional Arts and Crafts charmer.
Are you in the market for a new home? Start your search in Stamford.Call us, Fairday Realty, at (888) 567-2134or send an email to info(at)fairdayrealty(dotted)com for more information on homes for sales in Fairfield County CT.
Living in Stamford
Stamford is a city of neighborhoods, among which are:
- Downtown Stamford
- East Side
- North Stamford
- South End
You can live right on the water in Shippan Point, in a rambling country estate in leafy North Stamford, or in a centrally located condo in bustling Downtown.
Living in Stamford brings you close to well-appointed parks, museums, and retail hotspots such as:
- Downtown Stamford –Here you’ll find an excellent selection of shops, bars, and restaurants for your enjoyment. Shop at Stamford Town Center, grab a bite at Barcelona Wine Bar, or a drink at Tigin Irish Pub.
- Mill River Park – At 12 acres, this urban park has a carousel, a fitness club, and a collaborative program for toddlers and their mothers. Have a picnic or go for a walk and admire the greenery.
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center – Explore the museum’s fascinating exhibits, go hiking on over 80 acres of trails, enjoy a picnic with friends and family, or drop by the Heckscher Farm and say hello to the animals that call this place home. The museum also hosts special events throughout the year.
- Stamford Town Center –Located in Downtown Stamford, the mall features major retailers like Aeropostale, Geox, and H&M. It’s also home to casual dining restaurants like The Capital Grille and Pieology. Shop your favorite brands and sit down for a lovely meal at the restaurant of your choice.
- High Ridge Shopping Center – This shopping center is home to shops like Cobs Fresh Bakery, Peter Suchy Jewelers, and Sea Breeze Cleaners. It’s also home to a handful of quick service restaurants like Rye Ridge Deli.
We’d love to help you learn more about Stamford.Contact us today and let us help you find the right home here.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.