Sandwiched between Norwalk and Fairfieldin southern Fairfield County, Westport is one of the towns that has given this Long Island Sound coastal regionits famed Gold Coast nickname.
Like many New England towns, the area of Westport was originally occupied by Native Americans, and so many of its streets and landmarks have Native American names. The first European settlers were comprised of five families, known as the Bankside Farmers, who arrived in 1648 and settled in the area now known as Green’s Farms.
Today,Westport is one of the best places to live in the state and the greater New York metro region, with spectacular estate homes, an enviable school system, and plenty of open spaces that enhance residents’ quality of life.
Real Estate and Property Types
Westport’s housing stock is comprised primarily of single-family homes, the majority of which have three to four bedrooms. Buyers have an excellent selection of new construction homes to choose from as well as quite a few well-preserved residences that date back to the turn of the 20th century and earlier.
Luxury has a new meaning in Westport. Some of the mostsignificant properties here are located on sprawling, multiple-acre lots and often come with eight-figure price tags.
Colonial, Cape Cod, and Shingle are among the mostprominent architectural styles.
Notable neighborhoods include:
- Greens Farms
- Town Center
- Long Lots
- Old Hills
- Red Coat
Interested in Connecticut luxury homes? You will want to start your search in Westport.Let us, Fairday Realty, assist you. Call at (888) 567-2134or send an email to info(at)fairdayrealty(dotted)com to get started.
Living in Westport
For generations, serene Westport has been the dream escape of urbanites in search of tree-shaded avenues, beautiful beaches, and historic, small-town charm. Living here gives you access to:
- Sherwood Island State Park –Sherwood Island isin the Greens Farms area of Westport. Go swimming in the Sound, have a lovely picnic at any of its shaded groves, or watch marsh life from the vantage point of an observation platform.
The park also features a nature center with fascinating and informative displays on the area’s diverse plant and animal life. It is open from Wednesday to Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Westport Longshore Club Park & Marina – Situated at the mouth of the Saugatuck River, Longshore Club Park & Marina offers fishing and boating opportunities as well askayak rentals and instruction at the on-site Long Shore Sailing School.
Other activities include bird watching and picnicking – visitors may bring their own food and eat at the picnic area.
- Westport Country Playhouse – Watch a play, a live performance, and other shows at the theatre. The Westport Country Playhouse also hosts special events like Script in Hand and Positano Nights throughout the year. Guests may also rent the playhouse for private events like birthdays and reunions.
- Winslow Park – This vast open area is open from sunrise to sunset. It features walking trails, a bike path, gardens, and a picnic area. There’s also an off-leash area for dogs at the north end of the park.
- Burying Hill Beach – At 2.39 acres, this rock and sand beach on the Long Island Sound’s shoreline lets visitors relax in a scenic and peaceful environment. The beach features grills, picnic tables, restrooms, and changing areas. Go for a refreshing dip in the water and have a wonderful al fresco meal with friends and family.
- Compo Acres Shopping Center – Here you’ll find stores like Trader Joe’s and Choice Pet Supply. Shop for your basic needs and grab a bite at any of the quick service restaurants in the center.
For more information on the lifestyle and real estate in Westport, CT,connect with our team at Fairday Realty today.
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.